Tuesday, August 4, 2009

APAD 33 - Chia Yaw loves Peggy (Updated with 1 video!)




And thats why they tied the knot :)

I still remember they registered their marriage on CY's birthday 2 years back - 7.7.2007 - made the newspapers back then too haha...proud moment for him i guess?

Anyway, took him 2 years to save enough for the wedding haha .... but at last it arrived :)

Its a special occasion for me as well as I had recommended my long time singing partners - Wai Chee and Hui San - to sing at CY's wedding. I seldom recommend myself or my partners for weddings just in case anything wrong happens, I will be sad - not that I do not have in my partners' abilities, just that musical taste is something very personal and one man's meat may be another man's poison - so I stay away from it all and normally recommend other "not so close" singers (of course they are still good - just not that close).

Anyway, this is CY's wedding - one of my old buds from my 5 Ramin days - so I had to recommend the best - and Wai Chee and Hui San are as good as they get when it comes to unplugged performances. And I was glad to receive their feedback after the wedding that everyone - guests and couple included - thouroughly enjoyed their music. So next time anyone wants wedding band, let me know ya :P



Anyway, It was a very happy event - everything went smoothly s well I must say.

Great food, I must say. Though still cant get over the name of the restaurant - Extra Super Tanker - Wat the??? Further it is no where near its chinese name here:-



Anyway, it was also great to be able to meet some of my Ramin mates. Real cool friends. It is great to be still able to keep in touch with most of them even though it has been 12 years since we graduated - yes 12 long years! Soon Chern was there with his usual sarcastic humor, Sue was there wishing her farewell - she is going off to China to find her roots - then Chee Siong was busy introducing his new found love to the gang (and other gangs - trust me, i tot it was CS's wedding too - he was around mingling with so many of the guests! haha), Moong and Cora the perfect couple was there too, and Wye and Grace all the way from Penang, leaving poor Jayden behind somewhere where he could have met me and see me sing and inspire him haha, then Mandy tai kh jeh was there, Wai Fun the other dai kah jie (super dark vertsion) was also there, Siok Voon, my good mentor during my PBC days, also was present. Oh ya wen feng too , the ever present assistant monitor. Also met other high school friends like Weng Tai, Soo Yoon, WeeChen, Kok Hui...a trip back in time... and i personally want to say sorry to Pooi San. Due to my fault and oversight, something terrible happened. Hope all is all right.





Oh it was also CS's BD today, and Sue's was the very next day (the big 30 - we initially wanted to give them a big surprise by dumping them both in the pool adjacent to the restaurant haha...but they were saved by the banglas - who blocked the entrance and told us it was closed haha...

Ok, guess thats all for now, for some pics taken that night do visit here. And the official wedding photo blog here.

Happy together k , CY + Peggy!


UPDATE:-

Thought should share this wonderful clip of my good friend Sue:) Hopefully she speaks better mandarin after her 6 month stint in Xiamen:P






4 comments:

  1. Hahahaah ... hilarious clip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i think her vocab for vulgar chinese profanities will only grow bigger after 6 months haha...maybe can do different dialects sommore...fuiyoh...

    ReplyDelete