Monday, July 26, 2010

THE MOST EXPENSIVE BURGER EVER

At RM88.00++, it definitely is, at least in Malaysia! haha ....




My makan sifu, Alwin took up Euro Deli's burger challenge last Saturday. I was supposed to join in too but I had already had quite a heavy "tea" (1 regular pizza with breadsticks - yum!) so when I got his invitation at 7pm, I just tot I should rest. Furthermore, I am broke:P



Anyway, speaking of the challenge, the deal is simple - finish the burger in 45 minutes and you dont have to pay a cent! Yes, its FREE! But if you dont...then a whopping RM88.00++ bill awaits you!

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5067/p1110729.jpg

Those who knows Alwin knows that he is my "SIFU" when it comes to eating. Because of him, my weight shot from 70 kg during my Form 5 years to my current 90+kg weight haha. He introduced me to Williams, the mamak where i spent most of my youth (not to mention $$$). At our prime, me and my sifu can easily whallop 2 big bowls of dishes from Williams - and yes, Williams' servings (and price!)are notoriously humongous so that is actually one very mean feat I tell ya. Of cos now the prices have gone to such crazy levels at Williams (RM15 for a burger?!) that I seldom go there recently unless I have the urge to have mee raja - which is my favourite food there at Williams.


But then again, not eating there does not mean that me or my sifu's abilities have diminished. In fact i think both of us are still "the same" haha.


So when Alwin wanted to take up the challenge (for the free food la haha) I thought it shouldnt be a problem. How tough can it be to finish a burger in 45 mintues. Yes they say its big, but how big can it get? haha. So I ask him and his gf to let me have up to date reports on his progress on the challege, expecting something to be sent to me in 15 mintues saying "mission accomplished - it was a piece of burger, oops cake!"



True enough i did get one sms from Alwin's gf, Moon about 15 minutes after the challenge "started". There were no words in the message - just a picture:








I was like - WTH???????????????? THAT REALLY IS ONE HUGE BURGER!

So I replied the text asking how is progress. The reply came a good 15 mintues later, with nothing but another picture:-





WTH x20000000! LOOK AT THAT THICK PIECE OF MEAT! I would have been full just looking at it haha.... By now I knew that my sifu had met his match.

True enough, the next SMS I received 15 minutes later was a note of surrender - "Mission Failed".... hahahahaha. Well if its any consolation at least he gets a free polaraid pict for remembrance...




Looks like it is up to me to avenge my Sifu's loss!

I was told that no one had ever come up tops for the challenge before. Maybe I can break the deadlock. Time to start practising!(PS: Those who want to sponsor my cause can take up my Williams tabs from now on, that would be most appreciated:P)

No comments:

Post a Comment