Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Photo A Day


As the saying goes, a picture tells a thousand words. Inspired by a blogger whom I follow quite closely, I will attempt to post a photo a day from today onwards, so that the picture will be, in the event I'm tied down with job or whatever reason, will be my "diary entry" for the day.

Here goes, photo No. 1 :) My monthly hauls of CDs. As some of my good friends are aware, I am happy and fortunate to be able to earn some extra income doing sometime I like - singing. But I do not sing for the $$$. Its a sin and Im embarrassed in a way. So my philosophy for the past 6-7 years I've been singing is this - whatever I earn from my passion, music, I will recycle it i.e. spend the same on the same subject - music. Through the years, my singing earning has enabled me, together with my brother, to purchase state of the art musical instruments and the likes so that we can improve as a musician and continue to enjoy, as well as spread the joy to others through our performance.

Anyway, another form of repaying the music industry is of course by purchasing their main product - music. Due to the nature of my performances, mandarin and canto pop are always on top of my to buy list. Without fail, I will always purchase one or two of the latest chinese pop songs so that I will be able to updated with the latest "hit" song and gauge the "taste" of the younger listeners whom are the major patrons of the places I perform at. So there you go.

Would have love to do a review on the CDs but heck, no time lah.... but I can tell you, Manhand and Lala's album are - SUPERB! Oh, shit I forgot to take pic of Utada's latest CD as well...thats another great album!

And yes, you guys are not blind. That's AARON KWOK you see there! TWO of his old albums in fact! Got each for RM18.00, bargain or what? haha trying my very best to get all his old songs on CD cos I doubt my old cassettes can last forever...argh...

Maybe I will do a review of the CDs when I have the time later...maybe...




No comments:

Post a Comment